Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hello, my name is Melissa Carr, and I am embarking on a journey to learn the function,importance and definition of the family. Since I plan to become a Marriage and family councilor this will be vital information for me to acquire. Each week over the course of the next few months i will  be posting the many insights, facts and trends I learn about in my Family Relations Class at Brigham young University Idaho.
For my first post, I feel inclined to share the increasingly fragile state of the human family. We are  living in a world that has lost sight of the definition of family. people wander around patching familial relationships with bonds no stronger than Band- Aids, and hope that they will bring lasting joy and security. This is a scary time, if we as a society can not come to a consensus on the definition of its the most fundamental unit, then we can expect to face some serious repercussions. i hope that  our study over the next semester will shed some light on this bleak state of the family. i hope that as we learn together we can work to mend the broken ties in society to regain our hope and strength in the family unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment